Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Republican Debates

I was planning to summarize my take on the Republican debates today but I still haven't been able to stomach the whole thing. I actually went away from the Democratic debates feeling a tiny bit of inspiration and hope (first time in a long time). But it is literally giving me a headache to watch these so-called Republicans. I went into it with an open mind, praying someone would give me hope. I watched part of it last night, part of it today, I'm going to try to finish it tonight (but I can't make any promises). From what I've seen so far, I think Mitt Romney will probably be in the primary. He looks the most "Presidential" and that seems to be the most important thing, right? That scares me. He gives me the creeps and looks like a male version of a stepford wife (just not sure who's controlling him). But, I would be willing to make a wager that unless there's a big scandal between now and then, he will be on the ticket, probably with Giuliani. Put those two together and the creep factor goes through the roof. I really hope I'm wrong. I hope Jim Gilmore doesn't have a chance either, he was my governor a few years ago and he did a suck-ass job. He's just another "Bushie" and would make a horrible president. I have lots of other complaints about the other candidates but I need a break from these guys at the moment. The only positive thing I've seen so far is that Ron Paul does give me a little hope. I don't agree with some of things he said, but I do agree with most of his views. I plan to do more research on him and see where he stands on all of the issues, but in my opinion, he is by FAR the best candidate the Republicans have to offer.

No comments:

Google
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'