Thursday, June 21, 2007

King George Vetoes Stem Cell Research Again

For the second time, George Bush vetoes a bill that would have eased the restraints on stem cell research. Once again, he chooses his personal, religious views over the views and wishes of the majority of the country. I swear this guy thinks he is King! He says "Destroying human life in the hopes of saving human life is not ethical," "And it is not the only option before us." I find those statements incredibly ridiculous, not to mention, hypocritical considering what he's doing in Iraq. First of all, we're not talking about "human life", these are embryonic stem cells, that have no hope of life outside of a uterus. Secondly, isn't he responsible for destroying the lives of thousands of American soldiers?! Was it his only option?! It seems that he only values human life from conception through the first nine months.



He also said, "If this legislation became law it would compel American taxpayers for the first time in our history to support the deliberate destruction of human embryos. I made it clear to Congress and to the American people that I will not allow our nation to cross this moral line." Again, so absurd, he makes it sound like they are ripping apart babies for science. We're talking about extra eggs that will end up in the trash cans of the fertility clinics. And, how ironic that he doesn't have a problem with compelling taxpayers to support his ridiculous war that kills real, live human beings!

No comments:

Google
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'