Monday, June 4, 2007

Predictions

When Bush "won" the election in 2000, I predicted to my brother in law (a hardcore Republican) that he would screw things up so badly that Hillary Clinton would be president in 2008. He laughed hysterically and said that would NEVER happen, Bush would do a wonderful job and Hillary wouldn't even have enough support to run. I knew things were about to go way downhill with Bush, but even in my wildest nightmares, I never imagined he could do this much damage to our country. And after watching last night's debate, I'm thinking Hillary may just have a little support (and I may have missed my calling as a psychic). I still haven't decided who I'm voting for but I don't think there's any question about who won that debate. Hillary won by a landslide, I put Barack in second and Edwards in third. I don't think any of those other guys stand a chance. I'm personally torn about Hillary, there's just something about her that makes me not want to like her, but I have to admit she was absolutely brilliant in the debate. She looked great, sounded strong and made a lot of sense. One of my favorite parts was how she talked about being united. We need to be united, I'm so sick of mud-slinging, nasty campaigns. I applaud her for being positive and finding common ground instead of just bashing her opponents. I pray that all of the candidates will adopt and keep that attitude throughout the election. We need to pull together and put an end to the twisted Republican regime we have now.


HRC June 3, 2007 -

"Everybody on this stage, we are all united, Wolf. We all believe that we need to try to end this war. In two nights you’re going to have the Republican candidates here. They all support the war. They all support the president. They all supported the escalation. Each of us is trying in our own way to bring the war to an end. . . .

And I think it’s important particularly to point out; This is George Bush’s war. He is responsible for this war. He started the war. He mismanaged the war. He escalated the war. And he refuses to end the war.

And what we are trying to do, whether it’s by speaking out from the outside or working and casting votes that actually make a difference from the inside, we are trying to end the war. . . .

The differences among us are minor. The differences between us and the Republicans are major. And I don’t want anyone in America to be confused."



I don't want America to be confused either. It sickens me how many people vote without even knowing what the candidates stand for. I used to go around begging everyone to vote. I thought it was so important, every vote counts, blah, blah, blah. I've now come to the realization that I don't want everyone to vote. Uninformed people voting is exactly what got us in the mess we are in now. I want to barf when I hear someone say they voted for Bush because he "seemed like a good guy" or he was a "Christian". If you looked at his background or his voting record for two seconds you would see that he was never qualified for the job (by the way, "talking to Jesus" is not equivalent to actually ACTING like a Christian). So, if you don't know your candidates qualifications and exactly what they stand for, then do the country a favor and just stay home. I want as much information as possible on everyone that is running, their voting records and what they plan to do with the most powerful office in the world. For that reason, I will also be tuning into the Republican debates tomorrow. Even though most of them just sound like parrots of Bush, I do hold out hope that someone might have an original thought. Ron Paul is running on the Republican ticket, he's actually a Libertarian and so far, seems to be the only one making much sense.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hillary Clinton was, of course, mistaken when she said all of the Republican candidates supported the war. The exception is Ron Paul. It could be that Paul is beneath her consideration. However, when she said that she didn't want America to be confused, it sounded as though she knew and she was being patronizing. My take.

Robin said...

Dar,
You are absolutely right! Ron Paul is against the war, one of many things I like about him. I guess I didn't catch that mistake because I don't consider him a true "Republican" (maybe Hillary doesn't either?). I love his Libertarian values, but unfortunately, you have to be on the Democratic or Republican ticket to get elected. I think most people believe that he won't be able to raise enough money to make it to the primary. I for one, hope that he does. Thanks for your input!

Google
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'