Saturday, May 5, 2007

No Child Left Unsolicted?

I've had problems with the so-called "No Child Left Behind Act" since the beginning. For example, the funding promised is not equal to the funding received. The yearly progress is based on the total number of students in a school with no exception for students with disabilities (that need special help or are unable to even take the tests). You've probably heard of these and other unfair parts of this bill, but did you know military recruiting was also slipped into this mess? Schools now HAVE to allow military recruiting (starting in middle school) in order to keep their funding! Not only do they get to talk to your children without your supervision, they also get a list of names, addresses and phone numbers. Unbelievable...

SEC. 9528. ARMED FORCES RECRUITER ACCESS TO STUDENTS AND STUDENT RECRUITING INFORMATION.

(a) POLICY-


(1) ACCESS TO STUDENT RECRUITING INFORMATION- Notwithstanding section 444(a)(5)(B) of the General Education Provisions Act and except as provided in paragraph (2), each local educational agency receiving assistance under this Act shall provide, on a request made by military recruiters or an institution of higher education, access to secondary school students names, addresses, and telephone listings.

No comments:

Google
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'