Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Farewell Falwell

I'm sure you've heard the Reverend Jerry Falwell has died. I have mixed feelings about writing anything negative about someone after their death, but after the past 24 hours of hearing what a "saint" he was, I have to speak up. I'm not glad that he died, I'm never happy to hear of anyone dying. I feel bad for his family and anyone that loved him, but with that said, I hope people remember who this man truly was.

This is the man that referred to Martin Luther King Jr.'s "Civil Rights Movement" as "Civil Wrongs Movement". He referred to Ellen as "Ellen Degenerate" and demanded sponsors yank their advertising from her show. He claimed the "Antichrist" will be a Jewish man. He called Noble Peace prize winner, Desmond Tutu a "phony". He called AIDS God's punishment for homosexuality. In case there's anyone who hasn't been offended yet, I'll leave you with a few of his quotes.

Falwell on segregation: "If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God's word and had desired to do the Lord's will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision would have never been made."

Falwell on schools: "I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them."

Falwell on Bush: "I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes on first blush.

Falwell on Ellen: "Vice President Gore recently praised the lesbian actress who plays 'Ellen' on ABC Television...I believe he may even put children, young people, and adults in danger by his public endorsement of deviant homosexual behavior...Our elected leaders are attempting to glorify and legitimize perversion."

Falwell on global warming: "I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time."

Falwell on terrorists: "God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."

Falwell on 9/11: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say you helped this happen".

Falwell on civil liberties: "The First Amendment is not without limits." " The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews."

RIP Jerry

No comments:

Google
'What can I do?' - SiCKO

Matthew 25:31-46

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'